Kayakhistory

zaterdag, oktober 06, 2012

JTT-Tour starts in Barendrecht



On friday 5 october 2012, it was time for the first show of the 'Journey Through Time'-tour, celebrating 40 years of Kayak. The theatre in Barendrecht (near Rotterdam) hosted the band and their audience (including people from as far as Mexico!). I bought my ticket at the very last moment, but I have no regrets that I did it!


The plan was to play at least one song from every Kayak studio album. And that would probably lead to a few surprises. Well, it did... Before I present you the setlist, let me say that I was impressed by each and every band member. They all played and sang with great skill. And the band -in my opinion not showing too many nerves- seemed to have a good time on stage. And that reflected on the audience.

Of course, with such a large back catalogue, I would loved to have seen even more (old) material. But it was lovely to watch oldies like 'They Get To Know Me' and 'If This Is Your Welcome'! A great concert, can't wait until the next one (which, in my case, will be in 4 days time...).

Songs played:
Hope For A Life, They Get To Know Me, If This Is Your Welcome, Nothingness, Sweet Revenge, Daphne, Phantom Of The Night, Anne, Merlin, Total Loss

 -break-

Frozen Flame, Life Without Parole, Avalon, Pagans Paradise, Alienation, Nobody Wins, Hunter And Prey, Passing Cloud, Cleopatra, Starlight Dancer, Chance For A Lifetime, Before The Angels Fell, Ruthless Queen.

(Full Circle was also planned, but the band had not yet 'mastered' that one well enough...)